Sunday, December 5, 2010

Exploring Grounds: Plays (Part 2)

<Back to Plays. Also, I want to make it clear that every and anything I post on here is for viewing, not for unauthorized use. If you want to use anything I post, just let me know. We can work something out>

But plays interest me. I want to write one but it will have to be out of my typical subject matter. I will need to stick with humans/humanoids with a very tangible problem. I can't write about any monsters that are truly hideous and beyond description, because I'll need to be able to present them to an audience. Settings can't be too complicated either, because they'll need to be easily changeable.

So what I'm planning to write about is a young Dracula, before he was a vampire, exploring the world of mysticism and pursuing  various forms of magic. One day, he meets a old man that has knowledge of dark magic and knows of a prophecy that the old man believes to be about Dracula, where he will be able to become immortal and possess great power. Dracula dismisses the man as crazy, but reconsiders a few days later when his mother dies. Dracula asks the old man to help him resurrect his mother but before the ritual can be completed, local authorities intrude and capture Dracula as the old man escapes. About to be hung for practicing witchcraft, Dracula is visited by the old man, who bites Dracula in the neck. The next day, Dracula is hung and buried. But he awakes to undeath and goes after the old man. Upon getting his revenge, Dracula realizes that he has fulfilled the prophecy he once denounced. As he leaves to spread his evil, Angel of Death comes for the old man, who, as he walks to the gates of Hell, gloats that Dracula knows nothing of his fate.

Very doable, not that many setting, still fictional, I think I could write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment